- The Headteacher decides on the budget for SEND in consultation with school governors, on the basis of need in the school;
- The SEN budget is allocated each financial year. The money is used to provide additional support or resources dependent on an individual’s needs;
- The additional provision may be allocated after discussion with the class teacher, the SENCO, medical professionals and the child’s parents, at pupil progress meetings or if a concern has been raised by them at another time during the year;
- If any concerns are raised on completion of the assessments the SENCo will investigate further support or advice from outside agencies if required;
- Individual Pupil Premium payments are used to support pupil learning.
All parents are encouraged to contribute to their child’s education through:
- Discussions with the class teacher;
- During parents evenings;
- Comments on half termly report cards;
- During discussions with the SENCo or other professionals;
If you wish to discuss your child’s educational needs please contact:
- Your child’s class teacher
- The SENCo
- The Deputy Headteacher
- The Headteacher.