Woodslee Primary School understands what a stressful time moving schools can be, therefore, many strategies are in place to enable the pupil’s transition to be as smooth as possible.These include:
- Meetings between the previous or receiving schools prior to the pupil joining/leaving;
- All children have a transition fortnight at the end of the Summer Term where they spend the time with their new class teacher;
- The SENCo is always willing to meet parents/carers prior to their child joining the school;
- Additional visits to secondary schools are arranged by the SENCo for pupils who need extra time in their new school;
- Secondary school staff visit pupils prior to them joining their new school;
- The Woodslee SENCo meets the SENCo from the secondary schools to pass on information regarding SEN pupils;
- Where a pupil may have more specialised needs, a separate meeting is arranged with the Woodslee SENCo, the secondary school SENCo, the parents/carers and where appropriate the pupil.